Era: 1950 - 1960
All locomotives feature prototype-specific, separately applied "as-
built"and/or "modernized" injection-molded and photo-etched metal detail parts and cab interior.
These modernized units are equipped with the following:
• Screw-mounted chassis
• Individual window "glass"
• Detailed battery boxes/air tank with brackets
• Fully detailed 1200-gallon or 1500-gallon fuel tank with brackets • Complete skirting
• MU hoses, coupler cut levers, and air hoses, front and rear
Athearn Genesis® F units are now available in "Modernized" configurations where prototypically appropriate.
• Onboard Tsunami sound and DCC decoder
• Individual sound boards installed in both the A-unit and B-Unit. • Sound units are Dual-mode, compatible with both DCC and DCoperations.
• In DCC mode, all functions are NMRA compatible.
• In DCC mode, you can program an MU lashup with lead unit only horn,bell and lights.
• Fully functional headlights and Mars lights (where applicable) in bothmodes.
• Operating back-up light (where applicable).
• Genesis driveline with dynamically balanced five-pole skew-wound motor and flywheels.